Pumpkin Dog Biscuits Recipe
hese are a super healthy and tasty treat for my dogs. Really easy to make too. I like to double the recipe and then share with our other doggie pals. I’m not sure about their shelf life as my dogs love these and they are gone rather quickly. 😊🐶
- 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of softened coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Mix the pumpkin, softened coconut oil, and water together in a large bowl.
- Then mix in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix until combined and then add in the egg.
- Slowly add in water, as much as required to make dough. Use more or less depending on consistency of dough.
- Continue to mix until combine and it forms a dough that you can roll out.
- Roll dough mixture out on a floured surface to ~1/4 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out treats. (I use both a big size and a little size as I have both a big dog and a little dog).
- Place cut out dough treats on a lined or greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes (depending on size) or until dough has hardened.
- Remove tray and let cool. Store in air tight container. If biscuits are a bit soft, store in freezer. If they are really hard, then they are okay on the shelf.
I hope your dog enjoys these! I’d love to know how they went over. Send me a note, leave me a comment.