Your Easy Fall To-Do List
Outside Fall Decor Welcomes Visitors
With the list of chores for getting ready for winter, I also like to do some things around my home to celebrate the change of season.
Here are some ideas that might work for you too:
- Put away the summer cushions on the furniture
- Cover the furniture before the rains start
- Change out the outside front entry decor
- Beginning of October, add Halloween decor
- Pick up some pumpkins for carving
- Pick up some pumping spice scented candles
- Make GF apple crumble
- Make pumping pie
- Starbucks Pumpking Spice Latee
Add Fall/Winter Plantings for Colour & Texture
- Replace outdoor garden annuals with fall/winter plantings (look for texture & colour)
- Pick up some chrysanthemums to replace in summer pots
- Add fall decor touches inside
- Transition to fall/winter wardrobe
- Go on some walks/hikes to take in the beautiful change of colours and the crisp fresh fall air
- Schedule some quiet time to do some year end reflecting and planning
- Pick out some good books for fall reading
- Buy and go through September Vogue
- Pick out some good Netflix programs for those cool, lazy days
As you can see, my list really revolves around nesting at this time of year. I think fall invites some reflection and some relaxation.
What could you suggest that I add to my list?
I want to hear from you. Send me a note, leave me a comment.