Keeping Your Devices Corona Virus Clean
N ever before has hygiene been as important as it is today.
COVID-19, the respiratory disease that is crippling the world is making us aware of and change so many of our habits. From physical and social distancing to concentrated public sanitary practices to focused personal hygiene, we, as a collective, are doing everything we can to combat this virus.
Health officials have advised us that we need to wash our hands with soap and water, avoid touching our faces, cough or sneeze into our elbows and definitely avoid contact with others.
We can do all of these things but if the things that we have most contact with, our electronic devices, are not cleaned, all these precautions can be pointless. Health experts say that COVID-19 can remain on some surfaces for up to nine days.
So most importantly, keep your hands clean and this will keep your phone and keyboard clean. However, you should do a bit more these days, in light of the corona virus.
How to Clean Your Phone, Tablet or Laptop
- Unplug your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Use a soft non-abrasive or microfibre cloth.
- Prepare some soapy warm water.
- Dip the cloth and then totally remove excess water by wringing out the cloth.
- Gently wipe the exterior surfaces and the screen. Frequently refresh your cloth by dipping in the and wringing out excess water.
- Do not allow water to go into any device openings such as the charging port, speakers, mute switch or anywhere else.
- Alternately, use a Clorox Wipe or other alcohol-based wipe (70% isopropyl alcohol).
- If you have a case or cover for your device, make sure that you clean that too. Check the manufacturers specifications to see if the wipes can be used (do not use on leather or vinyl).
- Make sure your device is dry before you put the case or cover back on.
- Another option is to use Ultra-Violet light for daily cleaning. UV rays have been proven to remover 99% of germs.
Check out Amazon for this cleaner.
Here is APPLE’s support page, detailing how to clean your device.
We need to be vigilant about protecting ourselves from this virus. Let’s make sure that we are taking all the precautions that we need to to stay healthy and safe, including keeping our devices clean.
For the latest information on COVID-19, refer to these sources:
How are you managing? Send me a note, leave me a comment.